Monday, October 5, 2015

Hey there!

It starts to get normal to be here. I have had two quizzes this week and people are starting to treat me not as an exchange student anymore. I mean, I still get to know new people, but most people in school know my name, even when i haven`t talked to them yet. 
It is kind of strange to hear people saying my name, when I don`t know them, but I get used to it. 

Cheerleading goes great. I can do some stunts now, as a flyer and a base, and both is fun, even though being a base hurts a little more. 
On Thursday a friend from school came over and we baked some chocolate-cupcakes together. It was great, because she is a really nice girl and she is great to talk to. 
I baked the cupcakes for my Footballbuddies, because we ad a game on Friday. For everyone who does not know what a footballbuddy is:
Every cheerleader has Two or three footballbuddies from our varsityteam, and she has to do something for them at the gameday. 
I have two footballbuddies, and I don`t know them that well, but they seem to be nice.  I hope, americans love my baking as much as the germans did, buta lot of people said that they want to eat these, so I think I did a good job. (And lilly too!)
By the way, we won the game on Friday! First game of the season!

I got a lot of different questions about Germany and my life in germany, but most of them have something to do with the alcohol-laws in Germany.
Some people also asking me, if i start missing anything. Yes, I do. I miss some people and some things, but I am not homesick. 
I have a lot going on here, so I don`t have much time to think about Germany, which is great.
One of the few things I really miss, is dancing. I love cheerleading, but I miss the music and the choreographies and everything. 
And I miss real bread.

On saturday we had a little Germany-reunited-party at our house. We had a lot of great food, and we had fondue, which is technically from switzerland, but it was great anyway.
Some friends came over and it was really funny.

Yesterday we had our first Powder puff practice. Powder puff is like football fr girls, and it was hilarious.
Why don`t we have something like football and powder puff in Germany? Okay, we play soccer and we are pretty good at it, but Football is so much fun!

Anyway, that was my third week over here, and I still love it! I hope your days went as good as mine!

xxx Malin



These were the cupcaks for Donovan and Nate. 


My uniform and pom-poms 


our German-cake


Happy German-reunited day!

No comments:

Post a Comment