Sunday, December 20, 2015

Family & Friends

Hey there! 

I hope all of you are doing great! We finally have winter break for two weeks, which was hugely  desired by everyone! One thing I absolutely dislike about school here, is that they have so few breaks during the school year...
This week felt really long, I was tired the whole time, and then on Friday we didn't have school, because the river was flooding. We were super excited and I was so happy, because so I had the time to clean my room, bake, wrap presents and just relax. 
On Saturday we had our secret santa gift exchange from the cheer team, and it was super fun! I bought my secret santa a pair of super fuzzy socks with Aloe, and personally I love them, and I hope she likes them as much as I do. 
On Saturday we went on a trip to the coast, and I was so happy to see the ocean! There is just nothing more beautiful than the sea, besides the sky. It started raining and storming later and the water was rough and busy, but still so beautiful. We ate dinner at 'Local Oceans' , a restaurant in Newport, and it was super delicious! I am so thankful for that day!

So, and now I thought I will introduce you to some important people here: My host family and three of my friends. These are the people I spend most of my time with, and I wish you could all meet them in person, because they are just great! I asked all of them what are their three favorites are and then I asked everyone some different questions. 

I have four more family memebers, My host dad Jim, my host mum Christine and my two host sisters Ruby and Iris. They are a great family and they welcomed me so warmly and I am so thankful for being a part of this family for my year here! I couldn't wish for a better one. So here we go: 

Jim 



Animal: Red pandas
Food: Ice cream
Color: When I was little it was purple and nobody ever let me forget it... Alright, I'd say green



Christine


Animal: Zoey! Not dogs, but Zoey (Zoey is our dog)
Food: Thai red curry
Color: green



Ruby


Animal: dogs
Food: Burritos with Valentina (Valentina is a hot sauce)
Color: blue. like a nice blue, like the color of people's eyes


Iris


Animal: Hippos or manatees
Food: Pasta
Color: preiwinkel, thats a color between blue and purple


And now, my friends. These three people are the ones I spent most of my time outside of school with. They are all super nice, polite and generous. 


Lily 


Animal: Elephants
Food: Reese's fastbreak
Color: green

How would you describe the German stereotype?
Uhm, a lot of beer... and I know that sounds really bad, but I think about yodeling and shoes with a curved tip, like elves. And beer.

How would you describe the American stereotype? 
Fat and eating at McDonalds. Thats not true, I know, but I just think that everybody outside of the US must think that. 

And, yes, her eyebrows are naturally that way!!


Saul


Animal: white tigers
Food: chicken alfredo
Color: red

What's the best thing about America?
The freedom here, but that you still have rules, so controlled freedom (I still don't know what exactly he means)

What's the worst thing about America?
People have labels on them, and they are classified by money and they are put in a caste and it's hard to move up. That's easier in Mexico. 


Parker


Animal: Pugs
Food: Pizza
Color: blue

If you could change anything in America, what would it be? 
I would probably change how we do prosecute people in court. Some people go to prison for way too long for stupid crimes so I guess I would change some laws. 

What did you thought about Germany before I came here?
I thought people from Germany were grumpy, super classy and serious people.
How did I change your picture from Germany?
Well, you showed me there are funny and awesome sides to anybody no matter where you're from.

           

Alright, so now you have a few impressions of the people I hang out with and who has become important to me over the last couple months. I wish, you could meet them all in person, because spending time with them is so much fun! 

Next to these people are my cheer girls, who are all talented and super nice and a great team! 



Ans now here are some pictures from the ocean. The Oregon coast is dark and full of rocks and the sand is super hard at some spots, but it is so beautiful!











I hope you all are great and as excited for Christmas and the holidays and New Year as I am! 

Love, Malin






No comments:

Post a Comment