Sunday, November 22, 2015

Just some little things

Hey Everybody!

I am sorry I didn't post anything last week, but I was ill for a couple days, and nothing really exciting happened. I had a lot of stuff going on in school, which took a lot of time to take care of, but luckily we have a two- day week next week, because of Thanksgiving, so I can relax now. I have two upcoming assignments next week, so I had to study this weekend. 
I still don't know what excactly to tell you, because the last weeks were a little boring, but I want to keep my one- to two week rhythm and next week is Thanksgiving, so you can expect a long post and lots of pictures :) And you can tell me if you are super interested in something or if I should write about a specific topic you are very curious about. 

However, I recognized I am still getting to know 'new' people in school. I mean I saw them before, but never really talked to them, and that just makes me very happy. Everybody is just super nice and I had the pleasure to meet a lot of amazing people in the last few months.
 
So I´ll just go ahead and tell you what my life looks like here: 
High school is definitely an amazing experience, even though it's school and I have to wake up at 6:30 am in the morning. Jim drops Ruby and me off at school on his way to work and we have to take the bus home. School buses are not quite as cool as they look in the movies, I can tell you that. 
On Monday evenings, Ruby and Iris have choir, so Christine, Jim and I mostly have a talk about some organization stuff and I do my homework. 
On Tuesday after school I have cheer practice. I decided that I am not going to compete, because I feel like that will take too much time. But basketball season starts soon, and I am really excited for that, because everybody says that cheering for basketball is way more intense than cheering for football.
I know who my basketball buddy is, butI haven't met him yet. We are not allowed to make them little treats, like cookies or stuff, because our coach said, that in the past they didn't really appreciated what we do for them, so we will just make posters, That's a little sad, because I had some cute ideas for decorating cookies and cupcakes. 
The rest of the week is pretty much the same, I come home from school, try to do my homework and then just relax. Someimes a friend comes over or I go to a friend´s house. 
I try to work out at least 30 minutes a day, beacuse no matter what i eat, it feels much heavier than the food in germany. But luckily, my host family tries to cook fresh everyday and we also have salad and veggies mostly everyday and I am so thankful for that. 
On Sundays my Hostfamily goes to church, and I come with them most of the time. It is a little different, because all the High schoolers have Sunday school and after church all the people have a potluck- lunch. It is more a community thing for me than church. But sometimes when I have a skype appointment with somebody from Germany or just don't feel like I want to go, then I stay home, which is no problem at all for my host family, and I am happy about that. 

I feel like winter finally arrived here, because we had to scrape ice off of the car this morning. It doesn't get as cold as it gets in Germany, but for me, it's really cold. 

I have made a plan for the upcoming posts, and I´ve thought about some 'Christmas-specials' during December, and I am actually really excited about that and I hope you guys will like it. 

I hope all of you are doing great and none of you is already stressed out by Christmas :) As soon as Halloween was over, lots of people put out their christmas lights and decorated their house. we will start decorating after Thanksgiving. 
Have a great week everybody!

Yours, Malin

No comments:

Post a Comment