Monday, July 4, 2016

Home Sweet Home

Hey Everyone!

So, I've been back in Germany for three full days now, and I am still a little jetlagged, but I hope I'll start being really awake tomorrow. My last weeks in the US were so great! I stayed with Lily for a week, and we went to Seattle one last time to see her grandparents. It was so much fun! 
Lily's former Nanny Jen took us to the Solstice-Festival with her brother and his best friend. It was great to see her again, and she took us to all these delicious restaurants! 
On Father's Day, Boppa invited Joe, Sam, Lily and me for breakfast and after that we already had to take the train home. 

The following week, Lily and I tried to spend as much time with our friends as possible, and it was so much fun hanging out with them. We helped her mum cut lavender on her lavender farm and made Goodbye-Runs to a couple friends. 
After the week was over, I went back to Jim and Christine's and started packing and cleaning my room. On Monday, Jim and Christine took me out for dinner and it was great spending a little time with them. After I almost finished packing, Lily picked me up and we met Sam for a late lunch/early dinner, because I wanted to say goodbye to him too. I stayed at Lily's overnight and we had Jamba Juice for breakfast (for the last time :( ). 
On Wednesday, I finished all my packing and then I helped Christine prepare dinner. I've invited Larry and Cathy, her daughter Erica and her husband (and my Dad's cousin) Martin and their kids, Lily and her mum and Anissa. It was so much fun to see all of them again! 
After dinner, I had to say goodbye to Jim and Christine and I already started crying. 
Lily, Anissa and Chloe drove me up to the airport, so I had a little more time to mentally prepare myself to say goodbye to them. 
We got Voodoo-Doughnuts and stayed in a hotel until it was time to go to the airport. Lily helped me to check in and brought me to my gate and then she started crying and I started crying and then I had to walk away. 

I almost missed my flight, because I fell asleep and woke up when it was the final call. I slept on the whole journey from Portland to Dallas, where I had to wait for 4 hours, but it was ok, because it took me for forever to get to my gate, so I didn't just sit there. 
On the flight from Dallas to Frankfurt, I slept every other hour, but I was still exhausted when I landed on Friday morning. My Dad, my brother and my sister came and picked me up, and on our way back, we visited my mum at work. 
After I got home, I started unpacking and at 4pm some friends came over, and around six o'clock, my grandparents and aunts and uncles and more friends came over. It was really nice to see them all, and the last people left around 10, so I could go to bed. 
I've been so busy my first couple days here, I've seen so many of my friends, that I didn't really have time to miss the US a whole lot. And we still text and stuff, so it's not too bad. 
I hope I can start working soon, I want to make some money to put aside! 

And I will keep writing some posts, this time for my American family and friends to see how I am doing. 

Miss and love you all, Malin



Austin, Dillon, Jen


A woman at Solstice


Me and Lily


At the lavender farm





Me, my sister Mia, my brother Mattis


My sister made me a cake 

No comments:

Post a Comment